top of page


Who to Contact...

We are often asked about who to contact at Brighton and Hove City Council to log complaints, concerns or ideas about the Benfield Valley so we have created a list of useful contacts.

Report an issue

Report an issue about litter, vandalism or fly-tipping: 

Information about Tree Preservation Orders, report a tree problem and how to donate a tree: 

Report a dead wild animal for removal: 

Local planning and development:

Find or comment on a local planning application:

Local wildlife groups:

Badger Trust - Sussex

Butterfly Conservation - Sussex 

Benfield Wildlife & Conservation Group

CPRE Sussex 

East Sussex Wildlife Rescue & Ambulance Service - 

Sussex Moth Group:

Sussex Ornithological Society 

Sussex Wildlife Trust 

Further reading:

Brighton & Hove Open Parks Strategy:

City Downland Estate Plan: 

The Living Coast - UNESCO World Biosphere region: 

Find out more information about air pollution locally: 

Useful Links: About Us
bottom of page